With the recent surge in corporate social responsibility and startups supporting the charity scene – a trend that became more visible at the Social Good 2.0 conference two months ago– AltruHelp has partnered with multiple nonprofits in the community (Animal Rescue League of Boston, Playworks Metro Boston, American Red Cross and more) to pioneer “IMPACT Networking For Charity,” a fun series of speed-fundraising, volunteering & networking events aimed at increasing Millenial volunteerism and community IMPACT.
On January 26th AltruHelp hosted it’s first Winter Impact networking event to kick off a new year of social impact! Borrowing a page from speed dating, we matched professionals and college students with various speed-volunteer/fundraising stations enabling them to support multiple nonprofits in one night, under one roof, while forming meaningful career connections!
Over the course of just 2 hours, 100+ local Bostonians generated some awesome IMPACT for the nonprofit community:
- 150+ Postcards for Postcards From Farr Away
- 80 Letters To Our Soldiers & Military Families for The American Red Cross
- 52 Fleece Blankets Made For The Animal Rescue League of Boston
- 52 Booklets Made For Playworks Boston
- 50+ technology surveys completed for the members of Tech Goes Home
- 30+ video interviews for the City of Cambridge
- 20+ books donated to Horizons for Homeless Children
What’s more, the event also raised more than $2000 for Charity! Think of it this way: while attendees were sipping on ice cold Narragansett Tallboys, eating tasty Boloco Burritos/Panera sandwiches, and expanding their professional networking connections, they created more good for the greater community on a Thursday night than the average person does in a year! If that doesn’t deserve kudos, we’re not sure what does! Continue reading