Thanksgiving is here! This time of year is synonymous with turkey, spending quality time with friends and family, and pausing to reflect on the things for which we are thankful.
From the AltruHelp team, we would like to pause and give thanks to our community, supporters, and all those who have shared in our journey. We are humbled by those who continue to support our mission of increasing volunteerism! Thank you for using AltruHelp to find new meaningful ways to give back, share your act of kindness with the world, and inspire others to help us create a lasting culture of service. Together we can strengthen our communities to make a difference!
Interested in creating positive change this Thanksgiving? Here are a few ways to show thanks by giving back:
- Volunteer at a local food shelter. A warm meal goes a long way. Consider helping others enjoy a warm meal by preparing or serving food at a shelter in your community.
- Donate clothing. Depending on where you live, the holiday season may be a particularly cold time of year. One simple way of helping others this Thanksgiving is donating jackets, scarves and gloves. Otherwise, socks, pants and shirts are always in demand.
- Support #GivingTuesday: #GivingTuesday is a movement to create a national day of giving to kick off the giving season added to the calendar on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday. The second annual GivingTuesday is on December 3, 2013. Visit GivingTuesday.org to learn more.
- Share Your #GivingTuesday #UNselfie: Take an unselfish “selfie” with a caption (or have it on a card like the picture below) explaining how or why you and/or your friends are “giving” this year. Post it to Instagram, Facebook and Twitter – share with your friends!
- Donate Blood: Blood donations are always needed, and this is especially true especially when natural disasters strike (as we have seen with Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines and the Tornado in Washington, IL). The American Red Cross is calling on donations to help support victims affected by these events. Find a center near you atredcross.org
Thanks again for inspiring altruism this Thanksgiving!
The AltruHelp Team